New Business Development
Location: Midwest USA – Virtual Office
Compensation: Salary and equity
Email Resume To: firstname.lastname@example.org | Subject Line: VP/Director New Business Development
Vartega creates low-cost recycled carbon fiber which is used in sporting goods and additive manufacturing as well as vehicle lightweighting to enable mobility solutions such as battery technology, connectivity, and autonomy. Their partners and customers include national labs, major aerospace suppliers, auto OEMs, and sporting goods manufacturers. They have strategic relationships in place with partners in North America and Japan.
Their patent-pending Solvolysis recycling process uniquely positions Vartega to commercially supply recycled products with virgin carbon fiber properties at competitive cost. Over 20,000 tons of carbon fiber are scrapped annually representing a $500+ M per year business opportunity for Vartega.
They’re adding a VP/Director New Business Development professional to the team to expand their reach and grow into new markets.
Reporting directly to the Vartega leadership team, this new role will be responsible for leading product qualification, application development and commercial sales of Vartega carbon fiber products to leading US automotive OEMs and suppliers including thermoplastic compounders. Based in the Midwest, you will be the face of Vartega to key customers, and instrumental in driving the adoption of recycled carbon fiber in new applications.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or materials science
- 7+ years automotive industry experience including Account Management, Application Development, and Sales for a performance material supplier or tier-1 supplier
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively at all levels of the organization (from C-suite to shop floor) and be the critical link between Vartega and its customers in all aspects of business, technical and commercial relationships
- Successfully led development and commercialization of new products and applications through the Production Part Approval Process (PPAP)
- Proven record of technical project/program management and delivering rapid sales growth
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- MBA or advanced technical degree
- Strong network with key decision makers (vehicle programs, R&D, technical & procurement) at leading US Automotive OEMs and suppliers
- In-depth knowledge of automotive OEM safety, quality & testing standards
- Broad technical knowledge of performance materials specifically automotive thermoplastics and carbon fiber products, processes and applications
- Experience preparing for and exhibiting at trade shows
- Participation in industry groups and trade associations
- History of leading a national or global sales team
- Marketing and brand promotion including social media marketing and minor website maintenance
- Public relations including preparation and distribution of press releases
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and remotely, while being a key team player
- Annual budgeting for travel, marketing, and business development expenses
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to travel up to 30-50%